First Methodist Houston is growing and we are looking for creative and experienced talent to join our team. We currently have two open positions available.
Director of Family Ministries
To provide vision, organization and leadership for the discipleship of children, youth and their families, from infant to 12th grade for the West Campus of First Methodist Houston, through all outreach platforms available.
- Love for Christ, intent on serving Him by serving others with grace and understanding.
- Demonstrate high level of personal integrity, honesty and desire for holiness.
- Commitment to personal spiritual development through prayer and spiritual disciplines.
- Flexible and teachable spirit and heart to learn, seeking wisdom and new skills.
- Emotionally mature, optimistic, cheerful and not easily discouraged.
- An understanding of child development for the discipleship of infants-12th graders and their families.
- Heart for culturally diverse church and ministry to families.
- Strong organization and leadership skills.
- Demonstration of ability to organize and implement programs, lead people and resolve conflicts in healthy ways.
- Heart to disciple children, youth and their families using new paradigms.
- Missional perspective and vision to build that perspective into ministry.
- Proficient Bible knowledge and understanding of Wesleyan doctrine.
- Team player.
- Self-motivated and able to self-direct.
- Punctual and considerate of others.
- Professionalism in work and appearance.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Children and Youth or Family Ministry or equivalent.
This position will include an office space at the West Campus of First Methodist Houston and will involve off sight programing in addition to commuting between the West and Downtown Campuses for meetings and ministries.
Person should be physically fit for the requirements of working with and keeping up with children and youth and the demands that entails.
Director of Ministries, Kristen Jones.