Stay up to date with all that’s happening at First Methodist Houston.
Click here to subscribe to our weekly email.
October 2, 2020
West Campus Family,
We are just days away from resuming in-person worship at First Methodist Houston. The staff have been working this week to make sure our space is ready, our worship is planned, and that we will be able to bring you into the space as safely as possible. We can’t wait to see you and welcome you!
I do want to prepare you for the fact that things will be different when you return. A couple of notes about Sunday that you may have already heard, but that are worth reiterating:
- We will have one service per campus – a traditional service at 11a.m. on our Downtown Campus, and The Source at 11:11a.m. on the West Campus.
- Masks are required in the building.
- We will be practicing social distancing. This will mean that ushers will be seating you, and that we are not able to greet one another as perhaps we would like. We are asking for no high fives, elbow bumps, hugs, or hand shakes. We are also asking that you do not congregate closely together inside. I know this is hard, and I so wish I could hug you all as well, but please help us keep our spaces safe.
- Upon arrival at the church, someone will sanitize your hands. At the West Campus, someone will also take your temperature before you are seated.
- Currently, we will not have children, youth, or nursery programming available. Kids are always welcome in our services, and we look forward to having our families join us.
I’m sure there are some other things that I have forgotten. Mainly, I want to prepare you for a different experience in case it brings up a feeling of grief over what we have all been through together. It has been, and continues to be, a difficult season. We know that not everyone will be ready to return to the building, so we are committed to continuing our online worship offerings. You can find more information about these here.
We are in this together, church family. I am praying for all of you, and I am happy to talk with you if that would be helpful. I hope to see half of some of your beloved faces on Sunday!
Rev. Brandi Tevebaugh Horton
Senior Associate Pastor
First Methodist Houston